Monday, June 30, 2003

While trolling the Salon blogsphere, I was led to the Unrelenting Fiona who in turn led me to Press Any Key and its tree-type personality quiz.

Here's how I rated:

Uncommonly attractive; vivacious; impulsive; demanding; ambitious; does not care for criticism; intelligent; talented; likes to play with its fate; can be egoistic; very reliable and trust-worthy; faithful and prudent lover; sometimes brains rule over heart; but takes partnership very serious[ly].


Naturally, I suppose this sort of thing to have about the same degree of validity as the average newspaper horoscope.  Just as naturally, I like all the positive things it says about me, and feel mildly threatened by the negatives.

"Uncommonly attractive" is not the face I see in the mirror.  I think any attractiveness I may have has more to do with the fact that I have learned to be comfortable in this flesh (note the inherent mind-body split) than it does in physical appearance.  Not sure "vivacious" applies; at parties, I'm more likely to listen (or hide in a corner) than I am to talk.  As Elsie recently noted, I don't generally say anything unless I have something to say.  Based on the number of impulse purchases I have made of late, I suppose that word may apply to where I am today.

Only my brother, Dr. Omed, or my former amours can tell you if I'm demanding.  I don't perceive myself to be ambitious; I take it as a given that if I were I would be in a different career path.

Yep, I'm pretty sensitive to criticism.  That's a big bug-bear.  Folk keep saying I'm intelligent & talented, so I have finally accepted there's is a grain of truth to that description.  Not sure what "likes to play with its fate" means; haven't jumped from any great heights, lately.  Stopped riding a motorcycle over 20 years ago.

"Can be egotistic" - well, I keep a blog with some queer notion that people have any interest in my opinion.  That's a big duh.  But I do strive to be "reliable and trustworthy."

You'd have to ask those previously mentioned amours about whether I am a "faithful and prudent lover."  Sorry, not supplying names, phone numbers, or e-mail addresses.

Yes, "sometimes brains over-rule heart"; it would also be fair to say I "live in my head."  Think it's part of the package with being intelligent.

No comments: