Thursday, July 24, 2003

Meta Commentary

Which is my cute way of saying I'm going to take a moment to comment on the comments. I enjoy reading the comments on other blog-sites, and often they become a whole dialogue behind the scenes.

One of my faithful commentors is Brother Dave. In response to my letter to Sen. Nickles, Dave wrote
The general rule says that you should limit a letter to Congresspersons to 1 point, question or idea.
Short attention span, I guess.
Well, I kinda wish I had been aware of that ahead of time. However, I was responding to a two-page letter from Sen. Nickles, and most of my letter was focused on refuting his logic. I actually was addressing one point, which I reiterated several times throughout my three pages: support a bilateral independent commision to investigate the intelligence used to support the pre-emptive strike against Iraq.

A close second to Brother Dave is my fellow Whitmanite, Christopher Key. Mr. Key was so charmed by my review of Bela Fleck's recent cd, that he sent me a Word document of a review he wrote of a concert given by Bela Fleck & the Flecktones. As I told Christopher, I've not been a fan of Bela's jazz work, but I'll check it out on the basis of his rave review.

The "On Forgiveness" entry (look under July 14) generated a comment from a person who signed himself as "RLP". This confused Cousin Kathi a bit. Many folk in the Salon community recognize those initials as belonging to "Real Live Preacher. As always, I highly recommend his blog space; but be advised that he is on vacation until the first week of August.

I've mentioned Fr. Pat several times, and he says something nice about this blogspace almost every Sunday. Couple of times, he's thanked me for leading him to different articles.

I don't have a counter for this space, so comments and e-mails are the only way I know people are reading this space. Drop me a line. As time allows.

No comments: