Wednesday, August 27, 2003

War on Vacation

While our Chief Executive Liar enjoys his vacation in Crawford, two more Americans have been killed in Iraq.

Did you think I had secreted myself so deep into my fantasy skerry that I'd forgotten politics? Far be it!

Got to say, though, I was not nearly so depressed thinking about the next poeme d'jour as I was about the non-existent WMD (likewise the non-existent WMD program), the endless war in Iraq, the hope the Dems can select a candidate who is more than Busch-lite (i.e., Lieberman), etc, etc. I mean, you go past two or three issues, it can feel pretty overwhelming.

But I got to thinking about Busch's vacation. During the Iran hostage crisis (over 20 years ago), President Carter stayed in the White House, to show his solitary with those people. Now the best way for President Liar to show solitarity with the men & women serving in Iraq would be for him to put himself in harm's way.

However, the SS will seek me out if I suggest something along those lines. So, I suggest something more moderate: let King GW II stay in the White House until a week has gone by during which there have been no deaths for any reason in Iraq.

Then, in contrast to those brave service people, we will allow Pres. Busch {ptui!} to leave his compound at the end of his tour of duty. Under no circumstances shall we ask him to stay past 2004.

So be it.

No comments: