Friday, November 21, 2003

News d’jour

Haven't said much about Prez Shrub's visit to Great Britain or the fall of the gloved one. Actually, the news I've been following concerns the bombings in Iraq, Turkey, and elsewhere in the region. Not much I can say, except it's tragic.

The Iraqi people may be free from Saddam, but the violence of their existence has increased. Now, rather than a few getting tortured in Saddam's prisons, masses of regular citizens are affected by bombs from both Americans and the terrorists.

My question is only: how long before another strike happens here? All the Patriot Acts in the world are not going to slow down one dedicated terrorist. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I strongly suspect the terrorists will "bring it on" to American soil before the next election.

No comments: