Wednesday, December 24, 2003

Good News for Lenny

Brother Dave mentioned there had been good news for Lenny today. Well, I wasn't sure which Lenny he was referring to, there being a couple I'm obsessed with.

But I had a feeling he was referring to Lenny Bruce. And, sure enough, Google News led me to this article about Lenny Bruce receiving a posthomous pardon for his obscenity charge in New York. Well, it does Lenny little good, though it's always nice to see "the State" recognize its mistakes. Hopefully, the same attitude will apply to modern day artists such as Eminem. Personally, I'm not a big fan of racist and misogynistic rap music (actually, I think "rap MUSIC" is an oxymoron), but I would not seek to suppress that form of expression.

Interestingly, the other "Lenny" I follow is also in the news: Leonard Cohen has donated artwork to Canada's War Child's annual Christmas card. Here's the original image.

Absolutely no connection between the articles at all. I think it's cool that Brother Dave's off-hand comment would lead me to both places.

No comments: