Monday, December 29, 2003

Yesterday's Lectio

Reading. Isaiah 61:10 – 62:3

Meditation.
aurora of morning
rings my brow
like Yeats' faery fire

gather winter clouds
wrap about my shoulders

a carpet of pansies
guide my feet

i stand between
yesterday and tomorrow
between starlight & dawn

a thin line of light appears
Venus is the opening doorway
celestial fire still proceeding

Mars is in descent
and will preserve his secrets

Venus ascends
dancing with the water-bearer
joined by Diana along the rim
of the Cold Moon's waning crescent

the door opens:
i am the bride
i am the husband

the earth spins:
i am the child
reborn with each passing shadow

i am adopted
of forest, field, and pavement
i am registered
among the lost tribes

i am walking through the doorway
my fleshy armor dazzling
the pen of peace in my hand
the compassionate heart
blazing through my ribs

i depart darkness' wisdom
and enter the light of revelation

Prayer.
Holy Child, be born in me each day
Let me begin anew in each second
Divine Mother,
I give thanks you have adopted me
I sit patiently before your instruction
Spin my nerves through your delicate fingers
Weave my neurons
into a new design
Sew compassion into each pore
I am silent upon my bed
Teach me, Holy Lady,
to be your Holy Child.
So Be It.

Meditate.
How to feed the divine born in me this day.
The reference in the first verse is to William Butler Yeats' "The Song of Wandering Aengus". The reading from Isaiah was the Old Testament lesson assigned for the prinicpal service of the first Sunday following Christmas Day.

No comments: