Wednesday, October 27, 2004

In Favor of Spaying

My immediate supervisor has a Catfancy® desk calendar. Each day has a cat picture, and some information about cats or cat care. Yesterday, on her way out, she gave me the page from this Monday (10/25), which had the following information:
Spaying your female cat eliminates her risk of uterine and ovarian cancer, birth complications (including Cesarean sections), pyometra (a serious uterine infection) and ovarian cysts. It also spares her the stress of repeated heat cycles.
It's good to know those benefits. It's not just about me, about my comfort level or convenience. And let's face it: pregnancy itself is traumatic for the female of any species. So, for what it's worth, I've spared her that particular trauma as well.

What makes this even more interesting is the fact that the pictured cat on this page is a brindle with emerald eyes, much like Dame Julian.

Coincidence?

No comments: