Friday, October 29, 2004

Recommended Reading

Blood Moon, by Ms. Candide.

Scroll down a little past the image of the full Harvest Moon, and you'll find the poem. It's powerful. It reminds me a little of Yeats.

As does Doctor Omed's reply:
I shot a hole in the sky hunter's moon, full of fire...

A first line in reply; the question: is there a second? The muse is the mistress of silence.
My favorite section (though it pains me to pull it apart):
when I would break the fast
with nine glasses of moon milk
when I would douse the fire in my skin
with my own two hands
"Nine glasses of moon milk"...now, why didn't I think of that.

Perhaps I was inspired by that when I wrote “...he receives the signal / it's an arrow from the shadow / across the Bloody Harvest Moon”. These lines being part of the final stanza of my latest poetic postcard to Ivy (mailed this a.m., yay for me).

Hey, Sam, would you be interested in a poetry postcard exchange through November? Assuming the roads clear enough to get to the mailbox, that is.

No comments: