Friday, December 10, 2004

Friday's Cat

Lady by lamplight

I am a guilt-ridden human companion today.

When I came home yesterday evening, I didn't see DJ anywhere. Not so much as a mew. I began to have some pretty dire visions when it struck me: "I wonder if she's in the closet?"

I keep my winter and dress coats in a hall closet. DJ invariably runs in whenever I open the door. Sometimes, I close the door in hopes that being cooped up in the closet will deter her from running in.

You guessed it: I had forgotten to let her out of the closet yesterday morning. She was on the top shelf, patiently waiting for me to come home.

For what it's worth, I did my best to make it up to her. A kitty treat. Playing with her most of the evening. Petting her when she'd let me.

She has the run of the house today.

No comments: