Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Robertson Supports Miers Nomination

Pat Robertson, assasin for hire, has spoken out in favor of the nomination of Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court. Which is just one more reason, in an exceedingly lost list, to oppose the nomination.

However, I'll admit that I was among those whose first thought was, "Well, it could be a lot worse." And one positive thing about the nomination is how it has divided the ranks among conservatives and Republicans.

I'm in favor of anything that decreases their power.

But it's clear, from the number of Christian evangelicals who have supported Ms. Miers, that the sole reason she's been nominated to the court is to overturn Roe v. Wade. Which is a form of judicial activism I oppose.

I would join our conservative friends in asking for someone better. I just don't have any faith that the next person on the list will be any more palatable than Ms. Miers.

No comments: