Friday, December 02, 2005

Rev Gal Friday Five


My life is now divided into pre-cat and post-cat. Pre-cat, I did some modest decorating. Post-cat, wreath on the porch is it. And a few decorations at work.
  1. Do you display a nativity scene, and if so, where?
    My nativity scene was small, and was displayed within a foot or so of my minature Christmas tree.

  2. Do you put a skirt under the Christmas tree? If so, what does it look like?
    Even though the minature Christmas tree was artificial, I still put a white skirt around it. I always thought it was faux snow.

  3. Do you hang lights on the house or put them in your windows?
    Neither. Padre hung lights on the house, but it seems like too much work to me. Then, there's the electric bill.... I suspect lights in the window would be as much a toy to the cat as a tree would, so that's not currently an option, either.

  4. White lights or colored lights on the tree? Big bulbs or the small, pretty ones?
    Since the tree was just a couple of feet tall, the small ones were the best option.

  5. Do you have a tree topper? What sort? Who puts it on top of the tree?
    There have been different ones, over the years. The last one was an angel made from local wool. She was about an inch and a half tall, and balanced perfectly on the top.

    One year, we hung a stuffed bear that was riding a star over the tree. That year, the tree was closer to "life size".
I'm not a Scrooge, nor suffering from depression. I choose to avoid feline destruction by keeping probable temptation in storage.

No comments: