Friday, January 13, 2006

Friday's Cat


Her ladyship has graciously granted permission to post a picture of one of our neighbor cats.

What was a kindle of kittens will soon resemble a clowder of cats. James Lipton, in his excellent veneral collection An Exaltation of Larks, suggests that "kindle" is related to kindred and "clowder" is related to clutter.

The cats seem to be mostly feral, as they are extremely skittish. I took this shot with my zoom lens, as they won't let me get close enough to use my 35mm lens. There's one black mama, three black kittens, and this one grey one. Actually, one of the black kittens has been adopted.

I did some minor tweaking in Photoshop to bring out this cat a bit. It is doing a very good of camouflaging itself, but adjustments of the Levels and Contrast make it easier to find.

No comments: