Monday, January 23, 2006

I'm Here

Yep, I'm here. Where else would I be?

There was a period on Friday during which I wasn't praying I wasn't. Wasn't here or anywhere else. Just plain wasn't.

I was coughing so much, I had forgotten what regular breathing was like.

I'm still afraid to talk. Every time I speak, I cough. Pretty good impediment.

But I was also naseuous on Friday. Pretty sure it was the antibiotics. Man, I was sick. And it didn't help that I could just barely see straight.

But like a big dumb man I went to work anyway. And sat in this chair with very little to do, wheezing when I wasn't coughing. And vice versa. Then wanting to rebuke my lunch (which was far from a flavor treat going down).

I finally went home at four. Got into some lounge wear (shirt, pj pants), turned tv on low, flopped on the couch. Cat curled near lap. Fell asleep. Changed channel to PBS; went back to sleep. Eight o'clock, flipped channel to ABC, then went back to sleep. Half woke up to "Night Line" at 11:00, got up and officially went to bed.

Slept until 11:00 am Saturday. DJ helped, by unplugging my radio alarm (which goes off at 6). Ate cereal, which seemed to set in tummy fairly well. Watched The Awful Truth with Cary Grant & Irene Dunne. Fell asleep. Slept until 4 Saturday afternoon.

Slept in Sunday morning, just went to church long enough to lead a discussion on the Book of Psalms. Took a nap, went back to church for a meeting, then back home. By dinner time Sunday, I felt almost normal.

Which is where I'm at, at the moment.

I here. Where else would I be?

No comments: