Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Hummingbird

Hummingbird
I naturally took my high-powered Canon Digital SLR with me on my trip. Linda, Brother Dave's primary human companion, had one simple request: take a picture of a hummingbird at this particular feeder.

Of course, one of my photographic goals from the first time I visited their property was to catch a shot of a hummingbird at one of the feeders.

There are at least three hummingbird feeders on their property. My unscientific observation is that the feeders on the south side of the house are more popular than this feeder, which hangs from the east end of their veranda.

A challenge.

I have over a dozen pictures of the feeder alone, taken from several angles. I have a series of shots of a hummingbird darting back and forth from one of these eggs, which could easily be a little movie (we'll see if I can pull that off).

What I ultimately did was set the camera up on a tripod at what I considered to be the best angle, using my zoom lens. I focused the shot and waited. And waited. And waited.

Of the shots including a hummingbird, I feel this one is the best.
Post #1560

No comments: