Friday, July 21, 2006

Friday Five: RevGalBlogPal Anniversary Edition

This is the first anniversary of the RevGalBlogPals. A history of the webring is here.
  1. What is your first memory of the RevGalBlogPals?
    Hmmm. Would you believe I can't remember? I suspect I discovered the ring through Reverend Mother. Or, possibly Reverend Mommy. In any case, it was relatively late last year.

  2. Have you met any of the other ring members in real life?
    Does meeting the husband of one count? I'm not sure that Fr. D is aware his wife and I have this tenuous connection. But there you go.
       I've met a few in the RLP chatroom, if that counts. Ones who come immediately to mind include Reverend Mommy, Reverend Stacey, Rev. Sparks and Lorna.

  3. Of those you haven't met, name a few you would love to know in person.
    I'd think it would be interesting to meet any of the people who have become part of this group (169 and growing). Since Emily and I live in the greater OKC metro area, it makes sense for us to meet. Like I say, I've met her husband, and I think it would be fun if the three of us met for lunch sometime.
       I'm also especially interested in meeting the gals I've visited with in the chatroom. I have this fantasy, for example, of Stacey and I performing for the troups.

  4. What has Ring Membership added to your life?
    A little over a month ago, I wrote about circles of common interstests, and how they over-lap. The ring is one more circle of friends/acquaintances who share a common interest, that is, the spiritual life. More particularly, the spiritual life as expressed through primarily liberal Christian denominations. Almost goes without saying that the only denoms that ordain women tend to be on the liberal end of the spectrum.
       Even so, I've been enriched by the breadth of theology expressed around the ring. Much I agree with; much I don't. But each essay has helped me hone my own beliefs. Or, at least, what I think I believe.

  5. Describe a hope for the future of the WebRing.
    A number of RevGals have mentioned the idea of a mass meet-up. One potential location that has been mentioned is Texas, since several of the ring's members live there. Since Texas is a little closer than the NE Coast or Georgia (for example), I'm definitely down with that. If they meet within a reasonable distance of Brother Dave, all the better. And since Real Live Preacher should be an honorary member, and serves near the Austin area, I think we ought to invite him as well.
       Various ring members have floated ideas for a third book. I'm especially anxious that the current book, Ordinary Time, be made available through Amazon. This anxiety is entirely self-serving, as my church bookstore seems reluctant to order multiple copies until it is offered at Amazon. This is a special concern because I may be leading a book study based on it, beginning next week.
       Once that minor detail has been resolved, I'm in favor of any of the ideas that have floated so far (in the Rev Gal blogs I've read),e.g., a "best of my blog" collection, or original essays concerning women in the ministry.

No comments: