Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Out Of Town

I'm on my way to Winfield. I know this will be a surprise to those who have read my blog the past couple of years - considering my experience last year was less than positive. The main thing last year was a snafu with my ticket (I paid for one, but never received it). I have my ticket in hand this time.

The other thing has been a stultifying sameness. Mostly the same group of musicians playing primarily the same set. So, this year, I will focus on hearing sets from musicians I haven't heard before.

Another thing I'm doing is taking a workshop. For an extra fee, of course. I did this two years ago, and it did enrich the experience. The workshop I'm enrolled in this year is "Bluegrass Singing." Unquestionably different.

You may be sure I'll report on it all sometime next week.
If you miss fresh verbiage from me, check out the Ordinary Time book blog this Saturday (9/16). The first of eleven essays I wrote for the book will appear on that day. The blog is free to read, plus you may comment on the meditation.
I'll see you in about a week!

No comments: