Friday, October 06, 2006

Friday Five: Civic Duty

As suggested by Songbird.
  1. How old were you when you voted for the first time?
    20

  2. What was the contest at the top of the ballot?
    Presidential - I voted for Jimmy Carter

  3. Can you walk to your polling place?
    It's within the range of possibility, as it is between 1/8 – 1/4 mile away. However, I normally vote on the way to work; therefore, I drive.

  4. Have you ever run for public office?
    No.

  5. Have you run for office in a club or school or on a board?
    I have run for vestry (church board) at two different churches, and won. In fact, I'm currently serving the second year of a three-year term at the second church.

       I also ran for Diocesan Council (state-level church board), and served two successive terms of three years each.

No comments: