Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Someone Else's Dream

I don't know why I appeared in someone else's dream. I accept, as a given, that the figure in Dee's dream was an aspect of herself wearing a mask that looked like me.

I also suppose that the role this figure played in Dee's dream says something about how she perceives me. She shared the story because it amused her, but it also offered me a view through a pane of Johari's Window.

Dee dreamed that several members of the office were playing Dungeons and Dragons. We were gathered around a table with a scale model of a castle on top of it. Dee remembered the castle was beautiful. I was the Dungeon Master for the game.

I had a small black box pewter figures were stored in. The box was about 2" deep, 4" long, and 3" wide. I handed the pewter figures to the players, and cautioned Dee not to allow the king figure get too close to the box.

"If you do," I said, "He will go back in the box."

Sure enough, Dee allowed the king to get too close to the black box. The figure did not jump into the box. The box seemed to suck him in.

That was all she could remember of the dream.

No comments: