Friday, February 16, 2007

Friday Five: Tourist Edition

Suggested by Reverend Mother
  1. What is one place you make sure to take out-of-town guests when they visit?
    The Bombing Memorial is a place many people want to visit. There's a pair of local parks I think are outstanding. Within the first year of Alexandria's moving here, I took her to the Wichita Wildlife Refuge.

  2. When visiting another city or town, do you try to cram as much in as possible, or take it slow and easy?
    Depends on the amount of time I have available. When I visited Seattle for a few days years ago, I mentally listed two or three places, and made it to those (plus a few extra).

  3. When traveling, where are we most likely to find you: strolling through a museum, checking out the local shopping, or _________________?
    Musuem, book store, or local shopping. However, if I'm attending an overnight conference (as I will in April), I'm likely to stay near the conference location.

  4. Do you like organized tours and/or carefully planned itineraries, or would you rather strike out and just see what happens?
    With the exception of a chartered fall follage tour, and ear phone docent tours in museums, I've never been on an organized tour. Can't say I've missed the experience.

  5. After an extended trip, what do you find yourself craving most about home?
    Her royal catness, Dame Julian.

No comments: