Monday, February 05, 2007

Housekeeping

I recently "up-graded" to the new Blogger. The initial step of this upgrade did not affect my painstakingly designed layout. The second step did; the system assumes most people who use Blogger are not familiar with xhtml (probably a safe assumption) or Cascading Style Sheets (css). There are a relatively few prefab templates this type of user is required to select. The one you see now is the least objectionable.

It's taken some digging, but I've found the instructions to create one's own design within the new xhtml requirements of the new Blogger. I anticipate it will take me at least a week to recreate the design according to their specs.

Another thing I lost in the "upgrade" was the Haloscan comments. I prefer this system, as people can sign a name without the requirement of a Google account.

One last thing: it's occurred to me I may have been overly enthusiastic in setting up a separate site for my Project 365 entries. This page has suffered (in a sense) because energy has been focused on the new site. I'm seriously considering consolidating the two pages; in other words, once I've fixed the layout of this page, I'll start doing Project 365 entries here and stop posting on Jonah 365.

If you, dear reader, have a preference, record them in the comments. Note that anonymous comments will be accepted.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Jonah,
your link to the 365 blog is wrong...
needs the "365" in the address.

Jonah said...

Thanks! Corrected.

Anonymous said...

I like the two blogs. But this is more work, so not fair of me to say this! But I do. You are a different person at 365, did you know this?

Anonymous said...

I agree with birdie...

Anonymous said...

interesting what birdie said