Friday, May 11, 2007

Friday Five: Potato, Po-tah-to Edition

This week's polarizing theme suggested by Reverend Mother.
  1. Mac or PC?
    While I'm well aware that this is a profound theological question, my choice was determined by environment. Somewhat like my initial "choice" to be a Christian.
       The first computer I used at work was an "IBM clone." Shortly after, I took a series of classes at the local Vo-Tech, also PCs. When we could afford to buy our own computer, PC made sense for the simple reason that my former wife and I were already familiar with it.

  2. Pizza: Chicago style luscious hearty goodness, or New York floppy and flaccid?
    Afraid this choice is quite capricious. Sometimes I want thick crust, sometimes I prefer thin. Past few times I've bought frozen pizza, it's been doughy.

  3. Brownies/fudge containing nuts:
    There are pure fudge brownies, solid fudge that has the effect of mainlining. It is an offense to the Lord of Chocolate to add anything to this type of brownie.
        Then there are "cake" style brownies. These are less intense than pure fudge brownies. Depending on the consistency of the cake (I prefer a little fluff), some chopped nuts can add a pleasing textural note.

  4. Do you hang your toilet paper so that the "tail" hangs flush with the wall, or over the top of the roll like normal people do?
    The tail must be closer to the toilet than to the wall. Therefore, over the top.
       The additional challenge is the fact that the roll is directly above the air conditioning vent. The loose end flaps when the system cycles on, making a very attractive target for her Royal Catness. She doesn't shred the paper; she simply unspools a significant portion of the roll.
       Thus, the loose flap must be on top of the roll. That is, if I prefer not to re-roll the spool every few days.

  5. Toothpaste: Do you squeeze the tube wantonly in the middle, or squeeze from the bottom and flatten as you go just like the tube instructs?
    Bottom, and roll it up, of course. This is not mindless fealty to the instructions, mind you, but a matter of practical economy.
       At least, that's my reasoning. My former wife always squeezed from the middle. I finally had to ignore it in order to protect my sanity.
Bonus: Share your favorite either/or.
Work or Play: Play wins (as current behavior proves).
Life or Death: I've become so enamored of the phrase "Life delights in life" that I'm convinced I stole it from William Blake
Poetry or Prose: Both
Beatles or Elvis (c.f. Pulp Fiction): Beatles.
Rolling Stones or Beatles: I lean a little more toward the Beatles, but I like them both (prefer early Stones, before Brian died).

2 comments:

Tripp Hudgins said...

Play
Life
Poetry
Beatles
Stones


Nice.

Sr. Heather said...

Well played! Even with the tp over the top, and no heating vent there, my kitty still used to play with the roll. Alas, she is now the laziest kitty EVER. She reclines to eat, scooping one kibble out of her bowl at a time with her paw. Sigh.

Happy Friday!
Hedwyg