Thursday, May 03, 2007

Interview, Part One

I'm borrowing questions asked of Reverend Mother by Mindy. I've requested personalized questions, and will post those when and if received.
  1. What is your favorite word?
    Dance, and variations thereof. It has become one of "fall back" words in recent poems; therefore, I'm doing my best to avoid it.

  2. If there was a movie made of your life, who would play you?
    Michael Gross. This is sort of obvious type casting, as a number of people have told me I resemble him. Mr. Gross is best known for his role as the father in "Family Ties". He's also played a father in recent episodes of "How I Met Your Mother".

    I am not a father, though I was a step-father. I do not currently play a father, even on the blogosphere. I am, however, a decent "Dutch Uncle".

    Mr. Gross is about 10 years older than I am, and seems to be losing hair in ways similar to myself. So, recent publicity shots may give me a clue as to how I'll look in 8 or 9 years.

  3. Paper or plastic and why?
    This is a theological question more potent than the current controversy over human sexuality.

    It's been a really long time since I've been given a choice. Most of the time, the grocery store gives me plastic, while the health food store gives me paper.

    Paper is - generally - recyclable. Both are reusable. I keep a stock-pile of plastic bags which I use primarily for trash can liners. Large paper bags are among my cat's favorite toys.

    Once she has gotten finished with those paper bags, they are especially ready for recycling.

    I don't know if there is a net gain from recycling paper. That is to say, does the benefit of recycling my paper bag outweigh the environmental impact of pollution produced by the recycling plant? Is that a fair trade-off to reducing land fill use?

    My gut feeling is recycling is superior overall to the negative impact of plastic. So, when given a choice, I request paper.

  4. If you could be on a reality TV show, which show would you want to be on and why?
    The question assumes I would want to be on a reality TV show. Since I think so-called reality TV is symbolic of the collapse of Western Culture, I would not be inclined to implicitly endorse it by being on such a show.

    If I had to be on a reality show, I guess it would be "American Idol" - assuming they loosened the age restriction.

  5. What would be your super hero talent?
    My impulse response was "flying", but that's a talent I would like to have. What if talents I already possess were magnified in some way, such that they were considered "super powers"?

    In that case, ability to charm with my voice (words, speaking, singing) would be one. That's the gift of Orpheus.

    The other would be the capacity to retain vast amounts of basically useless trivia. Super Nerd!

No comments: