Wednesday, November 05, 2003

M.K.B.

They were hungry and I fed them
after all, that's my job
and I make good money, after tips

No, I don't know what
they were talking about
I don't listen to the customers
that would be rude

Yes, I am Algerian
but I have lived here many years
I am also American

Yes, I send money home to my family
Yes, I am Moslem
but I am not al Queda

I am American

They were thirsty, so I gave them drink
oh, some water maybe sweet wine
who can remember

I don't know what they were talking about

I don't know more now
than I did four months ago
When can I go home?

I am American
Heard about this Tuesday evening on All Things Considered. This is obvious fiction, since all court documents are classified. Just active imagining. Read more about the referenced case at: here, here and here.

No comments: