Friday, February 04, 2005

What Will I Say?

What will I say when I see her again?
I made a fool of myself.
Well, ok, that's the human condition.
She thinks I was just infatuated, or had a crush.
Doesn't matter what she thinks;
what matters is where you're at right now.
I still like her. I still think she's pretty special.
I hope we can still be friends.
I think we can still be friends even though I made a fool of myself.

How did you make a fool of yourself?
By saying you cared for her?
Too many people go to their graves
without expressing their love.
It's good she knows.

Well, there's my feelings and then there's her feelings.
You know, she was probably uncomfortable with all that attention.
I mean, I broadcast it to the whole friggin' internet!
Well, of course I hid her name, but still.
And even if it had been a series of e-mails to her alone,
she still would have been in that uncomfortable position.
That position that nobody wants to be in,
of saying, "I'm sorry, but I just don't think of you in that
way."

I think maybe she's forgiven you.
After all, she's open to seeing you again.
So, go meet with her.
Greet her as a sister and friend.

You know, I never did sing for her....
Oh man, just grow up!

No comments: