Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I'm a Dedicated Reader

What Kind of Reader Are You?
Your Result: Dedicated Reader

You are always trying to find the time to get back to your book. You are convinced that the world would be a much better place if only everyone read more.

Literate Good Citizen
Obsessive-Compulsive Bookworm
Book Snob
Fad Reader
Non-Reader
What Kind of Reader Are You?
Create Your Own Quiz
For the record, I'm currently reading Desert Solitaire by Edward Abbey, which I am loving; the latest issue of Shambhalla Sun and I just started the latest issue of the Oxford American (the music issue). Coming up soon: a Nero Wolf novel I picked up at the thrift shop and The Year of Living Biblically (I'm waiting my turn for the library copy of this one).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a "literate good citizen" I am currently reading "Ceremony" by Leslie Marmon Silko (outstanding) and A Short History of Myth, thus far a bit disconcerting in its tendency to make sweeping assertions based only on the author's opinion. Next in queue is Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. Of course, this does not include the fairly steady diet of news and views and a couple of lengthy historical essays, one regarding the rise of fascism in Europe and the US and another on the history of the Middle East 1880 to present.

Anonymous said...

I came out dedicated too :) Funny that I think I read 'too much' actually :) Reading Alphabet right now - disturbing. More over at my blog if you are interested.