Friday, January 04, 2008

Friday Five: New Year's Resolutions

This week's series of questions is offered by Sally:
  1. Do you make New Year resolutions?
    Yes, but rarely more than one or two. In middle age, I try to aim for what I perceive to be reasonably attainable goal.
  2. Is this something you take seriously, or is it a bit of fun?
    Mostly fun. Though I'd be unaccountably pleased with myself if I accomplished even one resolution.
  3. Share one goal for 2008.
    Less TV; more time with living folk. I already missed one chance, yesterday evening. My justification was the fact that it was quite chilly, and I need to protect my vocal folds; I'm performing this evening. So - perhaps I should give myself a dispensation.
  4. Money is no barrier, share one wild/ impossible dream for 2008
    Travel to Ireland. I recently received a sum of money which could cover this trip, and I have plenty of vacation time accrued. However, my practical side is lobbying for using the money to return to school, with the goal of finally earning my Bachelor's.
       I watched "Once" this past weekend (highly recommended), and it re-ignited my desire to spend a week in Ireland. I even developed the fantasy of buying a guitar in a second-hand shop once I arrived, and busking from town to town. I've got the tenor voice for it.
  5. Someone wants to publish a story of your year in 2008, what will the title of that book be?
    Jonah Learns to Love the Whale, one man's discovery of romance and quotidian love

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I highly recommend the trip, and also fell in love with the little movie Once. Slainte! Cheers!