Friday, September 02, 2005

Cat Friday

DJ at the window
This charming face greets me near this spot almost every evening when I get home. When she hears the door unlock, she lies down in front of it; I have to push her across the floor. Not sure what game she's playing.

Almost every morning, somewhere between 5 and 5:30, she tries to dig me out of bed. She doesn't use her claws, but she briskly rakes her paws over the cotton sheet. She won't do this if I have the blanket on, but she often gets under the blanket so she can paw the sheet.

Who needs an alarm clock?

Problem is, she doesn't know the difference between a work day and a day off. She'll be doing this all through this three day weekend, when I will think I deserve to sleep in. Well, obviously I have forgotten that one of my primary duties is to feed her at the appointed time.

No comments: