Monday, October 31, 2005

Hallowe'en Me'me

  1. Favorite Halloween Candy
    Mmm...chocolate. Anything chocolate.

  2. Least Favorite Halloween Candy
    Candy corn. However, since Peeps now has a Hallowe'en line, I may have to reassess that opinion.

  3. Best Costume Ever
    "Cereal" killer. I used poster board to create a cereal box. The back of the box had a cartoon of cereal coming out of a bowl and killing someone — it even had a little homage to "Psycho".
    Surely a few of you remember when the back of cereal boxes had nine-panel cartoons on them?

  4. Worst Costume Ever
    The idea was good, the execution not so much. I dressed as a "Lounge Lizard". I bought this makeup which was supposed to crack and make your skin look scaly, like a lizard's, but it didn't work. I looked more like a zombie, or someone who was sick.

    I wore a tux, and carried a microphone around. Now and again, I would do a variation on Bill Murray's lounge singer act. "Hey, babe! How's the steak?"

  5. A Saint you treasure (please feel free to use the definition of "Saint" that is meaningful to you and to your faith tradition and life experience)

  6. (a) Saint Francis; (b) Grandmother Kathleen, who was essentially my primary care giver in childhood.
Bonus: What am I dressed as this year?
My work-day costume is not likely to be recognized. I am dressed as Steven Keaton, the character played by Michael Gross on the 1980s sit-com "Family Ties". If I had a dollar for every time I was told I look like him, I could drive to California and audition to be his stand-in. My costume, aside from the supposed resemblance, consists of a sweater vest.

No comments: