Thursday, October 20, 2005

Soon to Be Published

One of my poems has been accepted for web-publication! This counts as my second publication on a web-site other than my own. Just got an e-mail from Tom saying he was going to publish one of my poems as part of his "Saturday Poems" series. It will be published this Saturday, Oct. 22.

My only previous publication was in the Winter 2004 issue of Poetry Bay. The fact that George Wallace, then Poet Laureate of Suffolk County, NY, would accept my poem for publication was quite a thrill, and got me to writing more poetry again.

Tom Montag is also a published poet. So his acceptance of "The Year of the Flood" is also quite thrilling. I think anytime your work is accepted for publication, whether paper or electronic, it says something about the quality of your work.

Not sure how I learned of Tom's series. Maybe through Natalie's Site, or maybe one of the dozen or so poetry sites I glide through in a month.

Of course, to paraphrase Jon, I may have just caught Tom on an off-day. A week from now, he might have e-mailed to say the poem wasn't suitable for the "Saturday Poem" feature at this time.

But he didn't say that. He's going to "publish" it.

Pats on the back gratefully acknowledged.

No comments: