Friday, April 27, 2007

Friday Five: What Are You...

This week's laconic theme suggested by Reverend Mother; "What are you":
  1. Wearing
    I am wearing my traditional Friday garb: black shirt and black pants. Since it was chilly this morning (46°), I am also wearing my off-white linen jacket.

  2. Pondering
    "Are you pondering what I'm pondering?" Brain asks of Pinky.
    "That ‘W’ should be forced to complete his enlistment in the National Guard and be stop-lossed to Iraq?"

  3. Reading
    The Audacity of Hope by Barak Obama. I have only read the first two chapters so far. He is very intentional about finding a middle path.

  4. Dreaming
    I'm sure I dream; it's just been so long since I've remembered one. There are times when I attempt automatic writing that curious images and verbal constructions come forth which may be dream refugees; see, for example, "Jack Frost Is Dead".

  5. Eating
    Breakfast - mixed cereals, consisting of Kashi Go Lean Crunch and a generic granola. Lunch - whatever is on special at the cafeteria. Dinner - an entree from the Prairie Gypsies, a local catering company which also sells delicious entrees directly to individuals. This latter is one of my traditional Friday indulgences.

7 comments:

LutheranChik said...

My significant other informs me that pouring some milk on the GoLeanCrunch and nuking it makes for a tasty breakfast too.

Anonymous said...

The latter part of #2: haha! Yes!!

Iris said...

GoLean Crunch was my breakfast, too! Yes on #2!

Sr. Heather said...

<snork> at #2! I enjoy the Kashi cereals, too. Fiber + Protein is a good breakfast combination.

Have a great weekend!
Hedwyg

Anonymous said...

The Obama books sounds interesting. Hope you enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Write us a poem, Jimmy. Please before the moon is waning gibbous.

http://vic-monchego.blogspot.com/2007/04/dr-pierce.html

Anonymous said...

LOVING #2!

-rd