Thursday, July 10, 2003

The Past Warns the Future

The only sure bulwark of continuing liberty is a government strong enough to protect the interests of the people, and a people strong enough and well enough informed to maintain its sovereign control over its government.
Franklin D. Roosevelt, 32nd US President (1882-1945)


Shout out to Christopher Key (The Barbaric Yawp), who reciprocated a blog-roll and mentioned our mutual admiration of Whitman on his blog. Apparantly, Google made the connection.

I get "googled" on a daily basis, by virtue of the banner ads I've been fussing about; and the recent addition of the search terms.


If you get a chance, read Real Live Preacher's posting on Forgiveness. I believe it will be worth your time. I am in the process of constructing a very personal essay in response, which I hope to have posted fairly soon.

No comments: