Sunday, December 21, 2003

Today's Lectio Divina

Reading. Luke 1: 39-56
Meditation.
I read the song of Mary
as I listen to the psalm of Coltrane
Can I speak such language of praise?
Can my heart leap up
like the messenger in the womb?
I am a lowly servant
who is daily being born
I could not stop reading Mary's song
for her voice rises from the page
Her voice sings of my loneliness
Her voice strikes down the pride of my heart
Her voice teaches me strength.

Prayer.
Blessed Lady,
let me be born anew
through you.
Beloved Mother,
store my life in your heart.
Holy One,
hold me in your arms;
I will snuggle your cheek with my own
then will I rest in peace.

Contemplation. Today is the shortest day of the year. We meditate on Mary's short song. We meditate on how the divine is daily born in us.

May we grow in humilty
rather than pride;
in service, rather than strength;
in questions, rather than answers.

Later this morning I will walk the path & breath the spirit. May the door of my heart open and echo the Holy Name.

So be it.
The referenced "psalm of Coltrane" is John Coltrane's A Love Supreme. Listen. Learn. Ponder these things in your heart.

No comments: