Friday, July 30, 2004

What Meow Means

Dame J, contemplating
Feed me, now!
Pay attention to me, now!
Give me milk!
Scratch me here,
behind my cute left ear,
not the right.
Play with me
and love me.
This octologue is not really from the perspective of the cat, but is based on the response the veterinary nurse gave when I asked her the implied question. "DJ" got her booster shots on Tuesday, and was treated for round worms. We also learned she weighs three pounds, and estimate that she is 12 weeks old.
Dame J, with new toy
Here, the little lady is pictured with a toy Elsie bought her two weeks ago. At the moment, she is more interested in other toys; but kittens can seem fickle that way.
Dame J, with Elsie
Speaking of Elsie, here's her leg with everyone's favorite ball of fur. Judging from her expression, the Dame is tired of playing model. I adopted DJ on July 2nd, and Elsie is lobbying to proclaim July 4 the lady's birthday. Well, it would be easy to remember, and is of little consequence to the kitten. So, I sang that immortal classic "Yankee Doodle Kitten"; the Dame didn't seem to mind.

No comments: