Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Self Portrait, 06July04


Self Portrait, 06July04

Perhaps too late for the Self Portrait Marathon. I took this today, a little after 3 pm local time (which was less than 90 minutes ago.

One reason I took this picture was to document the latest decoration I've added to my guitar head:

Detail from Self Portrait
This is one of two "God's Eyes" I made while at the Watonga Vacation Bible School two weeks ago. I had first heard of a "God's Eye" in elementary school, in fifth or sixth grade. The one I made then was with thick twigs and black-and-white yarn.

This God's Eye was made with varigated yarn. That's why it's multicolored.

My paternal grandfather also put things on the headstock of his guitar. I still have the small guitar, "Made in Mexico", that he strapped on with a rubber band. I suppose I am continuing his tradition.

No comments: