Thursday, November 09, 2006

Have You Seen This Blogger?

Young Omed
He who would become Dr. Omed as an 'Angry Young Man'

The last entry at Dr. Omed's tent show was posted Sunday, October 22. His last known sighting was in the comments on this very space, where he wrote (in part):
... I'm no saint. I was a monster. Now I'm just a ghost. A ghost of a monster. My bones turned to wishes and the wishes turned to smoke.
This, to my ear, seemed like an excellent beginning for a poem.

That last entry, which was mirrored at Dr. Omed's Daily Kos Diary, was a witty observation of the mess that B*sh has described as the "War on Terrah".

The good doctor has noted how dispiriting the voting habits of his fellow Americans has been. I thought it possible that the dispirited feeling led him to a bit of writer's block.

Although it's possible to read too much into election results this Tuesday, I don't think it's too bold to say that B*sh's status as a lame duck effectively began Wednesday. Somewhere between the time he belatedly accepted Rummy's resignation and the time he held out a battered tin cup to future Speaker of the House Nancy Pelossi.

At best, the Democratic majority in both Houses will effect some meaningful changes. At worst, there will be a stalemate, and nothing will be accomplished. Decide for yourself which is preferable.

Long story short: come back, Doc! The political weather is bearable! And I really do hope to see those lines from my comment box in a poem in the near future.

No comments: