Saturday, March 24, 2007

1B1 B Gone

I worked with Sheila for about 2 1/2 months in 2000. It was a wonderful working relationship. She respected my opinion, honored my creativity, and was good company besides.

Sheila was recently diagnosed with cervical cancer. She has been undergoing chemo as well as radiation. She's about half-way through the chemo treatments, and has 13 radiation treatments left.

Rob, who works in her office, created the slogan "1B1 B Gone". Purple plastic bracelets have been made; I wear one.

Her assistant, Rita, organized a meeting of the people praying and caring and sending Sheila positive vibes. We met at a church around the corner from Sheila's house. There were about 55 of us. I knew a few, and struck up conversations with new friends.

This was good.

We walked to Sheila's house. She was surprised. You can see us here. I'm the tummy at the far right.

Sheila seemed glad to see me. She thanked me for posting positive notes on her blog. She had good color, and good spirits.

I have confidence she will beat this foe!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That probably helped her more than any of you realize. (Work on that "tummy" before your back starts giving you problems.)

Anonymous said...

Many many healing and loving thoughts to Sheila. I believe in the power of love, the power of prayer, the power of community. May Sheila be victorious!