Monday, March 19, 2007

Prayer for Today

Maya Stein's latest poem is worth reading, and praying. It begins:
if ever there was a time for laughter
let it be now
this perfect hour
this infinite instant
let us laugh at the world around us
whichever undying part remains
not verging on the lip [of] annihilation,
poised for the eternal forgetting.
Read the rest here.

Ms. Stein posts something once a week, generally poetry. I commend it to your attention. The link for One Paragraph at a Time is on your left under "Sites to See".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanking you for the link to Ms. Stein's site. Her writing is hitting me just the right way today.

Maya Stein said...

Thank you for putting my words here. I'm honored to be part of your blog, and I'm glad this poem spoke to you. It's the right kind of encouragement to keep going.

Blessings,

Maya