Monday, September 22, 2003

I’m Back!

I have safely returned from my pilgrimage to Winfield, KS. I am taking today to clean things up and generally recover from the trip. Basic fact about camping at Winfield: one is not likely to get a good night's rest. People are singing and partying all night long. Friday and Saturday tend to be the loudest, as that is the time the youngest folk come in.

But it's worth it.

Elsie joined me, and this was her first experience of the Walnut Valley Festival. She totally enjoyed the experience, which certifies her status as a "keeper". We weren't able to see as much as the music as I had hoped, primarily because I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to rain & cold. It rained the better part of Thursday (the first official day of the festival), and it was pretty darn cold. As I recall, we only saw Tommy Emmanuel and maybe one other group on Thursday.

I did not write any travelogue poetry while there, but I have a couple of ideas that may be posted within the next day or so. I also have some photographs I hope to share in the near future.

I hope to write more about our experience of Winfield soon, but I've got to get back to work.

No comments: