Wednesday, September 10, 2003

Poeme d’jour

I'm thinking about "Barton Fink"
how "the life of the mind" was suicidal

Remember how John Goodman explodes
like unrestrained Loki-id
in the final sequence?

Been riding the chariot of the sun
need to kiss the moon's daughter

The encyclopedia is hungry
it'll eat you alive

Got to walk the morning
laugh the afternoon
and dance the evening
This poem is now available in "Postcard" format. Only 15 second down-load time, with an image from Dr. Omed's "Scissor Dances" series.

With the end of the "Novena" series, I am temporarily releasing myself from the obligation of writing a poem a day. If you've visited the second page of the Postcard Poem index, you may have noticed three blank squares. My current goal is to fill those three squares by next Wednesday, Sept. 17, at which time I will be leaving town on vacation.

No comments: