Thursday, October 30, 2003

Poetic Powerpoint

While visiting Ron Silliman's Blog, I stumbled upon the concept of using Power Point for a poetry reading. Well, by coincidence, Power Point has been getting a lot of play at my day job lately.

One of the profs, who is in his late 60s, is tranferring all his lectures to Power Point. This guy is normally a cyberphobe, but he's like a little boy with a new toy as he compiles these lectures. I have produced the skeletons of a pair of PowerPoints for a couple of researchers/clinicians in the department. In other words, I digitized the Kodachrome slides and copied them to PowerPoint for the researcher to shuffle & title as desired. And, again by coincidence, one of my friends and I were talking about adapting PowerPoint for "Grand Rounds" type presentations.

Well, this being Sweeps Week and all, I decided to present a recent poem ("Fragments for Breakfast") in PowerPoint format. One of the perks of my day job is the use of Adobe Acrobat, so I was able to "publish" the PowerPoint to "pdf", therefore readable by anyone who has the free Adobe Reader.

Here it is for your potential reading pleasure. You may want to reduce magnification to around 45% so the slides will fit within your screen.

No comments: