Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Prayer in my loneliness

I offer my loneliness to you, Brother Jesus.
I offer it to you, who were well acquainted with sorrow.
You, who sometimes chose to go to a lonely place.
Only you will find blessing in my loneliness.
Only you can lift it up and fill it with grace.

I offer my twisting mental paths to you, beloved trailblazer.
I offer my subtle denials & justifications.
You, who clear a path for abundant life.
You are light for my darkness.
Only you can show that darkness is not darkness at all.

I offer my ignorance to you, blessed teacher.
I offer my hidden insecurities.
You, who found wisdom in a rock.
You are knowledge beyond knowing.
Only you can teach me secret things.

I offer my willfulness to you, divine master.
I offer my foolish choices.
You, who accepted the hard choice.
You, who confronted pain.
Only you can heal my dreams.

I offer my song to you, Christ my Companion.
I offer it to one familiar with grief.
You, who sang at creation.
Only you will teach blessing to my loneliness.
Only you can lift it up and fill it with grace.

No comments: