Thursday, June 02, 2005

Votes Are In

Late last week, I mentioned Nancy and the assignment she gave her regular readers. I'm a relatively new reader (just stumbled on her blog early last week, via the comments at Bread & Circuses), but I decided to play anyway. Much of the assignment involved self-promotion, and I don't shy away from self-promotion.

The original assignment was posted here, if you need a refresher. The first assignment was to select your favorite entry on your own blog. Your fellow commenters would vote on their favorite, and that one would receive a prize.

Nancy has tabulated the votes, included her own preferences, and Phil's "Musical Interlude" is the winner. But I feel like a winner.

Here's what Nancy says about my entries:
Jonah from "Love During War Time" submitted two excellent posts: "Year of the Flood" and "Brasileiras No. 1". When I first got home from the reunion, I started reading entries. When I clicked on “Year of the Flood” I must admit that my first reaction was "I'm not in the mood for poetry." However, I read both posts and just loved them. In fact, I have been thinking about them for a few days now, and have gone back to reread them several times. They both kind of haunted me. I highly recommend a visit to this talented writer.
My goodness. My rapacious ego will be feasting on those final two sentences for several days.

Thanks for your kind words, Nancy, and thanks for the opportunity.

No comments: