Friday, March 10, 2006

Friday Five: Hair

As suggested by Songbird
  1. Do you like your hair?
    Yes, although I'm sad that my hair is thinning. One day, I fully expect to have a natural tonsure.

  2. Have you ever colored your hair? If not, would you consider it?
    I have never colored/dyed my hair or beard. I have chosen to allow my beard to go natually grey. No grecian formula for me!
       Padre asked me once if I died my beard, because my beard was dark and my hair is blonde. My beard just happened to come in dark!
       Now, the grey hairs in my beard out-number the dark hairs - so I appear to have a goatee or soul patch. There's a certain irony to this, because - when I first started trying to grow a beard (senior year of high school) - all that would come in was a goatee.

  3. What's the longest you've ever worn your hair? The shortest?
    From highschool graduation through the first few years of college, my hair was shoulder-length. Once I became a wage-slave, I adapted the traditional "business man's" cut - above the ears, and blocked in back.

  4. When and what was your worst. haircut. ever?
    I guess the worst haircut might have been when I let the young lady at the style shop talk me into a mullett. This was in college, and I was young & foolish.
        Worse than that might be the style I adopted a couple of years ago, when I decided to finger-comb my hair back. It took me a while to realize this looked less like a natural duck-tail than it did a bad comb-over.

  5. Tell us a favorite song or scene from a book or movie dealing with hair.
    The first thing that comes to mind is the title song from the musical Hair. As I recall, the scene in the movie was fun.
Post #1448

No comments: