Saturday, March 11, 2006

Somehow

Somehow, it seemed like a good idea to stay in bed this morning. Sure, I woke up at 5:30. But I went back to sleep. Sure, I listened when the alarm/cd player spun 30 minutes worth of Isle of View. But I went back to sleep. Sure, the cat was using my bladder as a launching pad as she ran to the east window-sill. Sure, I got up and used the rest room. Sure, I turned on the overhead light. Sure, I read my daily meditation, and caught up on yesterday's. Sure, I sat up in bed for a few minutes after I read those meditations. I went back to sleep anyway.

It's not that this past week was all that tiring or stressful. Pretty much the opposite, truth to tell. Only worked four days. Didn't have any deadlines during those four days, so I could take things slow. Heck, I fell asleep in front of the tv Thursday and Friday both. Wouldn't think I was sleep-deprived.

But, the week before was hard. Insomnia several nights in a row. No rest Friday night. Sleep-walking through Saturday.

Then there was the conflict with a friend and respected mentor on Tuesday. That was an emotional tsunami. We were equally at fault, and by Friday we had equally admitted our fault.

Maybe that was it. Maybe that's why the bed felt so good this morning. Maybe that's why I curled under the covers. Maybe that's why I drew my right arm over my eyes.

Maybe that's why I slept until 10:00 this morning.

Somehow, it seemed like a good idea.
Post #1449

No comments: