Monday, August 11, 2003

Today’s Postcard Poem

As I say below, this series is inspired by work done by Cassie Lewis. It's also inspired (at the moment) by a discussion the group has had on the Poetry Espresso list about Desert Island Books. Somehow, for me, this became a fantasy about life on an Irish skerry. Emphasis on fantasy (IOW, don't ask where the coconuts and macaws come from).

Here's the on-line version of the postcard; it will take approximately 72 sec. to down-load on a 28.8K modem. If you don't have that kind of time, here's the text-only version:
She came to the island yesterday
she said to deliver groceries
When she heard my guitar
she decided to stay

Now she is plucking strings
on my guitar like snapping peas
as I build the evening fire
the stew kettle for to boil

11.Aug.03

No comments: