Sunday, February 01, 2004

Top Five!

Once again, "Love During Wartime" has ranked in the top five of Michael Wells' weekly Top Five list at Stick Poet Super Hero. Last week, I ranked third; this week, "Wartime" ranked second.

You may recall that sometime early this past week I wondered outloud how Michael made these decisions. I expressed this as a form of frustration, wanting to know why I would rank one week and not the next. Michael very generously took the time to post an explanation. I understand him to say that he is comparing this space to other poetry-themed web-logs each week. He's not considering whether I have improved, but how well this space contrasts with other similar spaces. Which seems imminently fair to me.

His hit rate has gone up, and I've noticed that mine has as well. Everyone wins. I thank Michael, once again, for taking the time to read this space, and for considering how it compares to others. I recognize it's a lot of work, and I don't know that I could do it. I especially honor him for having come up with the idea in the first place.

No comments: