Sunday, May 29, 2005

Belated Cat


Click for larger image

Ms. Candide bemoaned the lack of a kitty picture on Friday, so I offer this "make good". It's not our beloved Julian, but surely could be her sister.

The cat's name was Poltergeist. She adopted my room-mate Dale and me sometime in the 80s. Dale named her Poltergeist because she jumped at shadows, and was quite skittish.

We let her come & go as she pleased, and she soon was in the family way. In fact, I think she's in the early stages here.

Shortly after the kittens were born, Dale got a scholarship to go to Germany, and I had to move to a smaller apartment which did not allow pets.

Dale took "Geist" and her children to a local rescue society, "Second Chance". I hated to say goodbye, but felt sure she and her mew of kits would find a good home.

Who knows? Julian may be a distant kin.

No comments: