Friday, February 24, 2006

Happy Bl-irthday, Rev. Stacey

Or Blog Day, as we Southerners call it.

I've never met Stacey. She lives (and preaches) in a small town in New York. I live in a "big" city.

OKC is big? Well, it's all relative.

Yet, we are part of a community. Actually, multiple communitites.

We're both members of the RevGalBlogPal ring (link is WAAAAY down on the left). We are also frequent visitor's in the RLP chatroom.

I know less about her denomination (Reformed Church USA) than she knows about mine (Episcopal). Yet, we've found many things in common.

Like, for example, I'm cool with women ministers.

We're both on the "liberal" end of the religious spectrum. Neither of us would bar homosexuals from the ministry, for example.

We might disagree about other things - whether the resurrection was a physical, literal event for example. But such things are beside the point, as far as I'm concerned.

The point is relationships. Face to face relationships are the ideal, of course. But it's nice to have "virtual" relationships as well. Her witness encourages me.

She's been recording her experience as a new minister. In fact, she recently started her second year at her church. Her experience is challenging, and trying, and - I believe - rewarding.

The new title of her web-log is "The Almond Branch". It's the first one in the roll to your left. I strongly encourage you to check it out!

Post #1430

No comments: