Sunday, January 23, 2005

Haunted by Accordions


Accordion; (Click to enlarge)

We were haunted by accordions.

I believe it began with my taking the above picture of an accordion I have at home, which I took for Fiona's amusement.

Then, I decided to make my bi-annual pilgrimage to the Diocesan Center of the 7th Day Atheist Aztec Baptist Synod's, in the mystical land of Tulsa.

In other words, I went to visit the Rt Rev Dr Omed.

As we left, the good doctor informed his loving spouse that he and I were going to do "Poet Guy" stuff.

As it turned out, "Poet Guy" stuff involved visiting various temples of the Cargo Goddess.

It was at the second temple that we happened upon a booth that had more than a half-dozen accordions. Below, you see your correspondent holding one. You may be able to make out the squeeze box in the upper right-hand corner as well. This booth also had what I believe were concertinas. One of which was marked as being from 1926, and was priced at $85. Man, it's a good thing I didn't have that much cash with me.


(Click to enlarge)
Later, we went to the Salvation Army store. Tulsa's Salvation Army Store has a very fine selection. And there we found yet another accordion.

In the picture of me, you can see Fiona's projected anima. It's that pale circle of light near the treble keys .

We did see one more accordion, on the way back to the Diocesan Center. It was a prop in an restaurant window.

We were haunted by accordions.


No comments: