Saturday, December 23, 2006

Fourth Sunday of Advent



I've lost my breath.
I've lost my words.
I've lost my way.

I light the thin candle
sweep the dusty corners
search where shadows fall.

Can these eyes see light
in these dark times?
Greet the demon within
as a forgotten friend?

The dusty corners
the ego webs
the lonely shadows
the useless hands.

Wait at the door.
Catch my breath.
Forget my need for words.

Wait for air to spark flame.
Wait for shadows to unfold.
Wait for dust to settle
at the doorsill.

Search diligently
for cause
to rejoice.
"... what woman, having ten silver coins, if she loses one coin, does not light a lamp and sweep the house and seek diligently until she finds it?
"And when she has found it, she calls together her friends and neighbors, saying, 'Rejoice with me, for I have found the coin which I had lost.' Just so, I tell you, there is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents."
Luke 15:8-10

No comments: